Lewis County Herald - Serving Hohenwald, Lewis County Tennessee Since 1898

Glimpses of Hohenwald's Past

 
Series: Glimpses of Hohenwalds Past | Story 48


May 31, 1951

R. K. Roney and Ben Williamson purchased the canning factory formerly owned by the J. C. LaRue Company, Inc. from the Reconstruction Finance Corporation. They would continue to operate under the trade name of Old Black Joe Company.

An article about Newburg that was written by James E. Chessor was published in the paper.

Wartime news items included: Joe Dudley volunteered for the U. S. Navy. John Peters and Fred Pollock were nearing completion of a 14-week training cycle at Fort Leonard Wood and were scheduled to be sent overseas with the Army....



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/11/2021 09:47