Lewis County Herald - Serving Hohenwald, Lewis County Tennessee Since 1898

Glimpses of Hohenwald's Past

 
Series: Glimpses of Hohenwalds Past | Story 51


June 21, 1951

Lewis County Government purchased the Hohenwald Methodist Church Parsonage. The building would be removed in order to enlarge the campus around LCHS.

In compliance with a statewide registration law passed by the Tennessee Legislature, all voters in Lewis County (and throughout the state) would be required to register in July 1951 in order to vote in future elections.

Franklin Morris was serving in Company B of the National Guard in Korea.

Oak Grove Homecoming Day and Fish Fry was scheduled for July 8.

Mr. and Mrs. Robert Powell announced the birth...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021