Glimpses of Hohenwald's Past
May 12, 2022
May 08, 1952
For the first time in the history of the county, women jurors were used at the Chancery Court on May 05, 1952. Those who served as the first women jurors in the grand jury were Mrs. Lester Nelson, Mrs. Elihue Johnston, and Rachel Hurt. Serving on trial jury number 1 were Bertha Ashton, Hazel Bell, Bernice Brownlow, Bessie Finerty, Estelle Harwood, and Mrs. J.W. Poore.
R.K. Roney, Production Manager and Partner of Old Black Joe Company, urged growers to get their tomato plants in the field as soon as possible in order to produce a high yield.