Representative David Byrd; District 71 Capitol Hill Update
May 5, 2022
The 112th General Assembly concluded on April 29, 2022. Below is highlights from this year’s session in funding from the $52 billion budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
Infrastructure and economic development:
• $519 million in new road funding ($77 million for ECD projects included)
• $100 million to complete IMPROVE Act projects
• $82 million to reimburse public hospitals for uncompensated care, primarily in rural communities
• $7.8 million for Rural Opportunity Grants to help communities prepare for ECD investments
• $3.5 million to support the...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.