Glimpses of Hohenwald's Past
October 6, 2022
October 02, 1952
The Heald reported that “another old landmark of the early days of Hohenwald’s existence” had been lost when the J.B. King Blacksmith shop building on corner of Park Avenue North and Swan Avenue had been torn down. Wilson Sharp purchased the building, built 30 years prior by Sam Bates and T.C. Allison, from J.B. King. Sharp planned to build a Service Station, Garage, and Upholstery Shop on the location.
An outdoor telephone booth was installed on the corner of Park Avenue and Main Street as part of the Southern Bell Telephone Company’s program of providing improved...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.