Serving Hohenwald, Lewis County Tennessee Since 1898

Kistler house demolished

story and photos

by Graham Kilsby

Part of Lewis County and Hohenwald's history was torn down this past week. It was the home of one of the oldest Swiss families who came to Hohenwald at the end of the last century, and had occupied 17 East 1st Street since around 1910. The house, when built, was moved from its original building place at the top of 1st Street opposite the MLEC offices to where it was now,

But it wasn't just the well known building that was lost, it was all the memories of this old house. With the decisions about Hohenwald, the plans on how the town should look were all decided...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 07/19/2024 11:36