Serving Hohenwald, Lewis County Tennessee Since 1898

Glimpses of Hohenwalds Past

Series: Glimpses of Hohenwalds Past | Story 129

January 22, 1953

A mass meeting of all citizens and taxpayers of Lewis County was called for January 16 to explain in detail the construction of a city-county owned factory building. Notice was also given that an election would be held on February 21 to vote on Resolution No. 1, approved and adopted by the Quarterly Court of Lewis County which would authorize the issuance of $120,000 in public bonds and provide for the levy of a tax to fund bonds for the purchase, construction, and maintenance of a county-city public building.

Roy H. Milton, Extension Tobacco Specialist, announced his retireme...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 07/13/2024 18:15