Lewis County awarded state grant to improve Health Department


March 16, 2023

Pictured above, from left, Commissioner Austin Carroll, Commissioner Aren Ragsdale, RN Jenny Brewer, Office Assistant Virginia James, Regional Director Ami Mitchell, LPN Jayanna Qualls, NA Debbie Johnston, Office Supervisor Vanessa Ward, Nurse Supervisor Felicia Love, Office Assistant Maranda Scott, Commissioner Kyle Bobo, County Mayor Jonah Keltner, and LC Government COO Houston Hamblin.

Lewis County Government was recently awarded a $128,480 grant from the State of Tennessee to make facility improvements at the Lewis County Health Department.

The project is scheduled to include new furnishings throughout the facility, new casework in the nurse's station and clerical area, and expanding the waiting room and children's play area.

The Tennessee Department of Health is providing 75% of the funding for this grant, while the remaining 25% match is being funded with Lewis County's federal American Rescue Plan Act grant; therefore, no local tax dollars will be required for the p...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023

Rendered 11/30/2023 11:53