Glimpses of Hohenwald's Past
By Crystal Nash
August 24, 2023
August 20, 1953
Mayor W.C. Keaton and J.H. Warf, President of the Lewis County Civic Club, announced that negotiations were completed and a contract was signed by H. D. Wynn, Knoxville Industrialist, for the operation of a plant in Hohenwald to manufacture men’s and boy’s suits and slacks. The new plant was estimated to bring jobs to more than 3,000 persons.
Lewis County Schools were scheduled to open for the 1953-1954 school year on August 24.
The following news items were reported on residents serving in the U. S. Armed Forced: Army Corporal Paul Thompson was serving in Korea. Marvin...