Glimpses of Hohenwald's Past

By Crystal Nash

 

November 22, 2023



November 19, 1953

The County and City Building Committee signed a contract with L & M Construction Company of Memphis for the construction of a 34,000 square feet industrial building in Lewis County. The contract was for $191,475, which did not include the cost of land, architect’s feed, paving and certain equipment which would go into the building once completed.

Bob Harwood was named head of the Muscular Dystrophy drive in Lewis County.

The annual “Poppy Day” would be held by the American Legion on November 21. Proceeds from the sale of poppies would go to disabled veterans and needy familie...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 04/17/2024 23:39