Glimpses of Hohenwald's Past
By Crystal Nash
December 7, 2023
December 3, 1953
Construction began on a new mercury vapor street lighting system in the business section of Hohenwald and on portions of Park Avenue and Main Street. Fixtures replaced in the business section would be relocated to business section alleys. P.H. Tidwell, MLEC manager, stated that when completed, the system would be “one of the most modern of any small town in this vicinity.”
The Herald reported that work on the industrial factory building was “well underway” with foundation forms being placed within a few days.
Southern Bell Telephone Company reported that of the 50...