Allens Creek Mine

 

February 8, 2024

Children in front of former Allens Creek Mine boarding house.

Mining began in Allens Creek in 1891, and a small mining town grew as the miners brought their families to the area. The Allens Creek furnaces were run by Buffalo Iron Company, and the Bon Air Coal and Iron Corporation. The furnaces were closed in 1923 and dismantled in 1936, causing the town that had grown around the industry to die out.

...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 03/03/2024 19:01