Easy Pull-Apart Herb Bread
August 25, 2022
“The ingredients for this recipe are so simple and the results so spectacular, I’m always willing to share the secret. It’s actually a variation of a doughnut recipe I made years ago, using refrigerated biscuits. The best part of having this bread is tearing it apart and eating it warm.” - Evelyn Kenney; Hamilton, New Jersey
Prep/total time: 30 minutes.
Makes 10 servings.
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup of butter, melted
2 tubes (10.2 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1. In a 10-inch cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute; remove pan and set aside.
2. Separate biscuits; cut biscuits in half horizontally.
3. Place half in an even layer in skillet, overlapping as necessary.
4. Brush with butter mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese and herbs. Repeat.
5. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown for 20-25 minutes.
6. Place pan on a wire rack and serve warm.
1 piece: 257 calories, 14g (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugar, 1g fiber) and 6g protein.
Recipe and photo by Taste of Home on tasteofhome.com.