Storm Sparks Fire at Kanson Electronics
January 16, 2020
Hohenwald Fire Department responded to a fire at Kanson Electronics at Forrest Avenue and Kimmins Street Saturday morning around 10:45 a.m.
Heavy smoke was coming from the rear of the building while severe storms were passing through the area. The plant's sprinkler system extinguished the blaze which originated in an electrical panel. Firemen used fans to clear the building of smoke. Lightning is the suspected cause of the fire.
The building is owned by the Industrial Development Board of the City of Hohenwald. Some damage occurred from water from the sprinkler system.
The electrical pa...