Glimpses of Hohenwald's Past
January 14, 2021
January 11, 1951
The Lewis County Quarterly Court authorized a bond issue for $20,000 to purchase right of way on Highway 99. The newspaper commented that “This insures the completion of this important highway at an early date provided the unsettled war situation does not put an end of all road work.”
Mrs. Era Williams was elected Chair for the Lewis County March of Dimes Drive.
Douglas Clay enlisted in the U.S. Navy.
Morrow’s Feed Store announced its relocation from the building adjoining Helen’s Café to the Johnston Building on the corner of Main and...